Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rainbow Single Shape Swap

Well... I have just about finished my second swap partners quilt. It is for the Rainbow Single Shape swap.

This is my very first try at prairie points and they turned out pretty good! I just have to put the backing on the quilt and maybe some embellishments and we are ready to ship these babies to their new home!!

Here is a peek at the front.

Everything went ok putting it together. The top was pretty easy going. I have enough pieces left over to do 2-3 more ~ So it looks like my husbands mom will get one and I will send one to my sister.
My prairie point corners were ok- considering.
I love this fabric I got. I bought it on Ebay about a year ago and just knew I was going to use it to do the rainbow theme. It has been sitting in a drawer since the day I got it. This was the right project for it.
This is the corner that just wouldn't line up. My measuring (cough cough "eyeballing" ) must have gone amiss somewhere.. I wonder how ;)












To finish the quilt nicely - I am going to cut the backing and then sew a seem around and heat and bond to the back. I will put a very thin batting between as I don't expect to quilt this much. We will see. The quilting always leaves me guessing on what to do that will add something to the quilt- not take away.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 Cary Quilter | Design : Noyod.Com