Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quilts of Valor Progress

Dear Quilting Friends!

Well my Army mom quilter friend is making strong headway with donations for purchasing fabric for Quilts of Valor.

I put out a SOS to some Facebook Friends today and are getting some really touching stories and donation. It is humbling.. it really is to participate in such a project. I find myself very emotional over it. I will be sending out some more request tomorrow.

We have picked out some patterns for the quilts AND thanks to Jeff- who started this thought- he made his donation in his dads name who was a marine that passed last year from Alzheimer's. I think it will be great to put on the label of the quilts those dedication from fellow service families that made this project possible.

We will have our first group meeting on April 6th and will work on this through June. So- you all know me- that means pictures, pictures, pictures and lots of talking about this project!

If you would like to make a donation- please send me an email.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2010 Cary Quilter | Design : Noyod.Com